Monday 20 August 2012

Off the Loom

I finished weaving the Faux Berry scarf today. 
I hemstitched both ends.
I still have a bunch of ends to weave in but you get the general idea. The reason the black horizontal stripes look like different widths is because my beating was a bit inconsistent. It turned out a bit more weft-faced than I would have liked. I don't think I'd want there to be any more ends per inch (e.p.i) so I guess I'd have to concentrate more on more gentle beating.
I started twisted fringe. It's rather tedious but I like the result. I'm going to be ordering a fringe twisting device for future fringe twisting.

Here the fringe is about 6" long. I'm going to trim it back to 4" long.

Burberry                                                                                     Faux Berry



1 comment:

  1. Lovely Geri...you are becoming an expert weaver!!

    ReplyDelete